Danielle GaudetteDanielle GaudetteDanielle GaudetteDanielle Gaudette

Choice

In the almost nine years since I have begun this blog, I am certain I have written about “choice” before.  In fact, I have likely written about it many times, in many ways, throughout many different posts. Nevertheless, today, for a number of reasons close to my heart, I felt it was worth sharing my contemplations on the topic once more.

Choice is something we emphasize in the True Self Awakening Retreat.

Choice is the fifth step of Emotional Self-Mastery.

Choice has a chapter all to itself in Healing Tree.

Choice is what even Neo enlightens to in Matrix III (a short clip worth watching for context, though may be a bit of a spoiler for those who have not yet seen it).

Choice is a power no-one can take away from us! This is extremely good news. For, despite what we see in the world, despite how people behave, despite our experiences and even our pasts, we have the power to choose how we will respond to all of it. Our response, our reaction, is our choice.

When we really believe this, and feel it in our bones, enormous power comes to us. Up until the moment that happens, we give our power away to the outside world.  We give our power to the ones we are blaming and hating, to the ones we are complaining and grumbling about. And with our precious power goes our confidence, our joy, our self-love, our self-trust, and our peace within. We give these inner-jewels to other people and to the world. We give them even to our enemies!  We give what is sacred in our hearts away for free!  And what does the world gain?  Nothing.  It gains nothing. But we lose everything.

However, we can get it back. That is the good news part! We can take our strength back any time. Every new moment is a new opportunity to choose again.  This is the world of infinite possibility existing in the palms of our hands with the power of our choice.

Therefore, I encourage everyone reading this to take time to declare your choices to yourselves!

When we declare, we become conscious choosers, we train our brains to keep finding the way to move towards what we really want, and we reclaim our creatorship over our lives.  And what if we fall down or get off track from our choice?  We get up and choose again!

So, here are my choice-declarations for today!

• I choose gratitude over complaining
  • I choose compassion over judgement
  • I choose joy over pain
  • I choose peace over conflict
  • I choose love over anger & fear
  • I choose my inner-heaven over my inner-hell
  • I choose true essence over illusion

And in declaring, I instantly feel my heart filling up with gratitude. I feel a brightness coming over me. Suddenly, it seems the gray sky, the wintery trees, and the barking dog outside my window are all a cause for celebration! Somehow, the whole world seems to be loving me back, as I make a choice to love.

For those who have read this far, what about you? What are your choice-declarations? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!

And if you are too shy to share, please take time today to write them down in your journal or share to a friend.  You deserve it! Your peace, your love, your grateful-heart is always there, waiting for your choice.

Our choice is our medicine, our vitamin, our gift.  Our choice is our superpower.

Lastly! As if the Universe Itself was agreeing with me here, I took a quick bathroom break before finalizing this post and checked my Facebook feed, and this is what I saw:

“We can’t always choose the music life plays for us, but we can choose how we dance with it” ~ Anonymous.

Categories: Article

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Jennifer claire says:

100000%! Yes yes yes!

1. Danielle says:

Yay!!!

2. Greta Creech says:

Hi, Danielle. I won’t declare my own right now. I will say that I love the way you connected choice to an expression of power. It seems an obvious point, but not always. Foucault talked about “self-constitution”—recognizing and accepting one’s limits to affect a situation—as an expression of power. Often we think that choosing to resist is the ultimate counterpoint to difficult circumstances and refusing to is capitulation. However, choosing not to engage with unhealthy circumstances can be the greatest form of self-empowerment and liberation as long as the choice isn’t out of fear. This is something that I took a long time to learn. I’m still a work in progress!

1. Danielle says:

I completely agree, Greta! That’s why I think self-awareness is so important – to be able to observe oneself and understand (and accept) what’s going on inside, in order to make the choice that aligns with what one really wants. I very much appreciate your wisdom!

3. Claudia says:

🙏💜

1. Danielle says:

Right back to you, Claudia 🙂

4. Saige says:

Hi Danielle,
    My choice declarations align with yours.
    I also choose to do my best over giving up
    I choose to trust over doubt and fear.
    I choose to let go over trying to control.

1. Danielle says:

I love your declarations, Saige! I feel every one of them in my heart. Thank you SO much for sharing!

5. Carol Miyasato says:

My choice now is to love myself first. Part of this is to connect with your blogs as this helps me to self-check. Thank you!

1. Danielle says:

Wonderful! I’m so happy to support you in loving yourself!!!

6. Patricia says:

It has taken me a long time to truly understand that how I react to others and how others affect my energy is on me. I made the choice to let go and simple ensure I control my reaction to things and how I make things affect my energy. I have been putting it into practice a lot lately, and I swear it has been a game changer. I am much more happier and rather than directing my energy on other I direct my energy on myself, and the joy I feel doing this is remarkable, as a result of this I have seen how my family and friends energy has shifted as well in my presence. Its so true, if you change your mindset or energy you attract others, with the same energy or they simple give you the energy your given out.
    Love and Peace to you and yours Danielle

1. Danielle says:

I’m so happy to hear this. Thank you for sharing, Patricia.

7. Seema Tiwari says:

I choose Me…
    Because only when I choose me, accept my strengths and shortcomings, make my peace of mind my priority, make my own happiness my goal, stop expecting from others, become the source of my own joy – I truly take the reins of my life in my hands. And only then, I can extend the positivity in me to help myself and others get over the negativity that plagues us all.

The last quote you quoted, I had read a different version albeit in Hindi, which translates to:

“Dear Life,
    You may force me to dance to your tune
    But it isn’t a bane, it is a boon
    For I will dance my heart out for sure
    By playing music in mind that I love more
    And you bet
    I will force you to match every step
    Till you and I – feel completely in sync”

So, put your headphones on, play music you love, and dance your heart out 🙌🏼 without caring what anyone thinks!

🙌🏼 Choose Yourself, Always 🙌🏼

P.S. Just got back from India after attending my baby sister’s wedding! My heart is still dancing with happiness 🫶🏽 💃🏻🫶🏽

1. Danielle says:

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing, Seema!

Buy Healing Tree