Danielle GaudetteDanielle GaudetteDanielle GaudetteDanielle Gaudette

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

How has your 2024 been so far?

Have you taken time to set a theme for yourself this year?

This is something I highly recommend! It’s a beneficial practice, not only for working on being the creator of your life, but also for giving you a light to guide you in hard times.  When unfortunate things happen, when you have dark days, or when you fall down and struggle to get up, you can ask yourself, “how is this life situation helping me to actually get closer to my theme this year? How is this challenge awakening me to what I really want for myself?” And once you make a habit of asking yourself these questions, you will begin to feel as if the universe itself is bringing people and circumstances to your life for your greatest growth.  You will discover how it is sometimes in your darkest moments that you are actually moving closer to becoming the person you really want to be, to creating the life you really want to live.

If you are unsure of how to go about the process of setting up a theme for yourself, and need help finding a starting point, I will share the following exercise from the “Create” chapter of my teaching memoir, Healing Tree:

1. Take out your journal.  Write on the top of the page, “This Year’s Theme:________” and fill in the blank.  What do you want to create this year? I recommend choosing something general, such as Love, Trust, or Letting Go, for example.  Let the answer come from your heart.  This theme will guide you throughout your year.  Even when unexpected things happen, you can interpret them as teachers, helping you achieve your goal of trusting more, letting go more.
  2. Under your theme, make a list of all the things you’d like to achieve this year. Freely list all that you want to work on, change, emphasize, achieve and add to your life. Let it be a free-from-judgment list, expressing your honest hopes and dreams.
  3. Where you see fit, add in goals that are specific and measurable.  You might choose, “Meditate at 7:00 am every day,” or “Increase my muscle strengthening exercises to four times a week,” or “Express my gratitude in my journal at the end of each day.”

This list is a guideline for you to practice creating your life.  You don’t have to be discouraged if, after a few weeks or even months, you haven’t accomplished any of them yet.  All you need to do is go back to your journal on a regular basis to check in, see how you’re doing, where you’re heading to and what you still need to improve. Make sure this exercise is done with no judgment because judgment can stifle your process….You can do it!

I wrote about this in my memoir because I am applying these exercises and principles to my life every year, every month and every day! In fact, so far in 2024 I have already had a handful of unexpected and truly challenging hardships! Without sharing the gory details, I can tell you I had painful conversations, I received hurtful and confusing information that left me feeling lost and without confidence, and I needed to make difficult decisions which tormented me – all being separate issues unrelated to each other – and we are not yet even ten days in!

Fortunately, I spent the last couple months of 2023 processing my feelings, getting clear on my awakenings from the year, and choosing my theme for 2024: Harmonious Life. So, this past week when these handful of hardships came crashing on me all at the same time, I had my safety net to catch me!  My brain kept reminding me throughout, “This is all happening to you right now to help you have a more harmonious life this year.  These are your blessings.”

Holding onto these messages from my brain motivated me to process my complicated emotional reactions and false beliefs more quickly, and after just two days of being in a hole (instead of two months!) I was able to climb myself out, change my energy, and choose to move forward with more clarity to be the light worker I truly want to be on the planet.

I can’t emphasize enough how much the practice of creating a yearly theme has positively impacted my life since I first started doing it in 2015. It has helped SO MUCH that I am even considering to begin monthly themes!  If I do try this out, I’ll let you know how it goes 🙂

In the meantime, I’d love to hear from you in the comments! What is your theme for 2024???

I look forward to sharing in the joy of celebrating these themes together, as we encourage each other on our paths towards continued peace, love and healing.

Blessings to all!

Categories: Article

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Seema Tiwari says:

“For this I bless you most. You give much and know not that you give at all.”
    Kahlil Gibran

So, Thank You for continuing to give by sharing your own journey.

My This Year’s Theme: Self-Belief

If I think, I can.
    If I believe, I will.
    If I dream, I do.

Have to be my own cheerleader. Have to be my own source of strength. Have to believe in everything I do, and work hard! Only then, I can achieve.

Sorry to hear about the rough start to your year. But even this shall pass.

I wish you a rainbow
    And an army of fireflies
    To help you march undeterred
    Under the dark skies

And if your journey makes you traverse
    Through a field of frowns
    Just turn them on their heads
    And sew yourself a beautiful crown
    For frowns are smiles upside down!

I hope and pray that all the positivity, and happiness you have spread through your blog, come back to you manifold!

Stay Strong! Stay Wise! Stay Blessed!

1. Danielle says:

Thank you, Seema! I love your theme and I’m sending you many bright blessings for your 2024 journey!!

2. Daniela Cotta says:

Hi, Danielle! It’s Daniela, from Brazil. Do you remember me? We met at the Dahn Center in Somerville, where I lived until 2004. I recently found your page on Instagram and also your website. I was so happy to somehow get in touch with your so healing energy again. I’ve still been going through a very deep spiritual crisis and it’s been horrible. I’ve gone through many different phases, including many, many years just feeling completely numb. It’s been truly a very Dark Night of the Soul. But lately I’ve been guided to just let go and surrender at deeper levels. So that’s my theme for 2024: letting go and surrender. In the end we have no other option, right? I loved your text above!!! And I love you with all my heart! You had a deep impact on me and your joyful and healing energy is simply unforgettable! I remember once I told your name should be Joy…..and I still believe so! You emanate pure Joy! I really wish I could be with you physically again, but just visiting your pages and reading your words have been helping me. Since my process of spiritual awakening started in 2002, I’ve felt that only you and Master Hong were able to understand me and love me. I’ve never found any other help – or love – anywhere else. Much on the contrary! I’ve been brutally judged by society for talking about my process of spiritual awakening. I hardly ever can be honest about my process and about my emotions. But I’ve been entering a new phase since November 2023 and who knows where it will take me? I need to accept the unknown – that’s another theme for 2024. I think my main themes are: Let go, surrender, align, grieve and accept – everything, including the unknown. Much love to you! I love you and Master Hong to the moon and back and always will!!!

1. Danielle says:

Hello Daniela! I do remember you and it is SO great to hear from you again!! Are you living in Brazil now? I have thought of you many times over the years. Thank you for all your kind words…I am sending so much energy to you and your 2024 themes!! If you ever want to train with me again online, you can always find me through my website! Much love to you!!

3. Leslie Ray Bernstein says:

Dearest Danielle, thank you for the gift of sharing your journey and detailing the practical steps which make it possible to get out of my head and mark a path forward!

This year’s theme is “taking action”!
    – replace overthinking with action and create a more efficient and productive life this year.
    ——————————————————————-
    What do you want to accomplish:
    Give away clothes
    Clear away excess
    Deepen meaningful relationships – choose time wisely
    Travel blog / Facebook – record
    Build my project : do I have the courage and grace to share my story for the benefit of others? Do I have victory over lust?
    – Compare is despair
    – Clarity is kindness
    Complete a revised draft
    Clarify my voice
    Define and articulate desires, preferences and deal breakers – speak up

I am so grateful for you, body and brain, and your resilient spirit in my life ❤️

1. Danielle says:

Hello Dearest Leslie! It’s so great to hear from you :). I love your list! “Replace overthinking with action”… sounds like an excellent idea. i can feel your power rising as I read all your declarations! I’m grateful for you too, I love you and I hope to see you soon!

4. Greta Creech says:

Beautiful blog, Danielle. I regret your year has started out so emotionally challenging even as you find light in the shadows.

The thematic year is such a terrific idea. My 2024 theme is “focus.” I’ve always had “monkey brain” issues. They’ve worsened a little in the last year because of the head injury, external life changes, or some tangle weave between the two. I have a few milestones I want to accomplish this year, and better focus will be a necessary foundation. I’ll follow your lead!

1. Danielle says:

Wonderful! I’m happy to hear about your theme, Greta, and I wish you the very best in your growth this year with “focus”! Oh, and don’t worry about me, “emotionally challenging” is fertilizer for my awakenings 🙂

5. Patricia says:

Happy New Year Danielle! I hope this message finds you well and filled with joy for the year ahead. I wanted to reach out and let you know that I have been eagerly looking forward to your New Year’s blog. Your themes always inspire and resonate with me, and the one for this year is really insightful.

I got the audio book for Healing Tree and you did mention that you do a yearly theme rather than resolutions and I thought to myself I will do this for 2024 and I decided to fully embrace it. Its truly coincidental that you used letting go as an example for a yearly theme, because that’s my theme for 2024 its “Letting Go.” By this, I mean releasing the things that, in the grand scheme of things, are not truly important to my life. For far too long Danielle, I have allowed my emotions to negatively dictate my actions, leading to regrets and heartache. I believe that by embracing the art of letting go, I can free myself from the burdens that hold me back. Which will only aid in my personal growth, self-discovery, and finding inner peace. I am excited to see how this theme unfolds throughout the year and the positive impact it will have on my life.

Your words always inspire and encourage me to embrace change and growth. Wishing you a year filled with love, happiness, and endless possibilities.

1. Danielle says:

Thank you for all of your kind words, Patricia, I’m so happy to hear about the benefit you have found through “Healing Tree.” And congratulations on your theme of letting go! It’s a powerful one!! And it will make space for more joy to come. I’m sending you many blessings as you embark on your 2024 journey!

Buy Healing Tree